Saturday, September 3, 2011

Callaway weekend

Well we just got back from a little family weekend getaway at Callaway Gardens. It was nice to get away as a family but not have to travel too far. On our way we stopped by the Wild Animal Safari in Pine Mountain. It was quite a terrifying experience at least for Candler and I. I was expecting a leisurely drive through the park to see some animals, but as soon as we entered the park our car was completely surrounded by a heard of zebra, moose, elk, etc. While I was trying to drive and console myself and an hysterical 18 month old Michael was trying to get the moose out of our car. I did my best to speed through but this was often difficult with huge buffalo is the rode, giraffes coming up to your window and huge antlered things coming at your car. I don't want to deter others from going..... I am sure if your child was older and you are not terrified of large overly friendly animals (me) I am sure it would be a blast. Though Candler did not enjoy the driving part she loved the walk around zoo at the park. You could get so close to the animals.











Then we went on to spend 2 nights at Callaway Gardens. We spent lots of time in the pool and in the lake, playing on the playground, and just walking around and exploring.















First time on the bike. I think she would have liked it if she did not have to wear the helmet.



She is at such a fun age and everything is so fun and exciting. So hard for me to believe that my little baby is starting school next week! What a fun summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment